US Visa information
US Visas
Frequently Asked Questions
    by CHCinternet.com
Visa for Entry  
Immigrant Visa  
Get Immi Visa  
Nonimmi Visa  
Get Nonimmi Visa  
  Popular Visas
  Visitor for Business
  Visitor for Pleasure
  Specialty Occupation
  Company Transfer
  Extraordinary Ability
   Home Common Nonimmigrant Visas Visa Waivers Other Nonimmigrant Visas
H-1B VISA Alien in Specialty Occupation (Professional)

A specialty occupation qualifying for this visa is an occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and attainment of a bachelors or higher degree in the specific specially, or its equivalent. A labor condition certification from the Department of Labor (DOL) must be obtained for H-1B status.

Duration is initially three years, with one three year extension permitted. About 80% of H-1B aliens have been computer consultants or medical therapists. Nurses may qualify for H-1B status for employers who show the position requires a bachelors degree.

1. 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1101 (a)(15)(H).
[ INA Sec. 101 ]

Copyright ©2003 CHCinternet.com. All rights reserved.