US Visa information
US Visas
Frequently Asked Questions
    by CHCinternet.com
Visa for Entry  
Immigrant Visa  
Get Immi Visa  
Nonimmi Visa  
Get Nonimmi Visa  
  Popular Visas
  Visitor for Business
  Visitor for Pleasure
  Specialty Occupation
  Company Transfer
  Extraordinary Ability
   Home Common Nonimmigrant Visas Visa Waivers Other Nonimmigrant Visas
L-1 VISA Employee Transferred IntraCompany

This visa class is for alien employees transferred intracompany for continued employment with an international firm or corporation. Employment must be in a position that is managerial, executive, or involves specialized knowledge. The visa permits transfer of key personnel to US operations of multinational businesses.

Duration of the visa is for three years with a two year extension for a maximum stay of five years. The alien must have been employed continuously for at least one year by the company within three years preceding the application.

1. 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1102 (a)(15)(L).
[ INA Sec. 101 ]

2. 8 C.F.R.. Sec. 214.2 (1)(l)(i).

Copyright ©2003 CHCinternet.com. All rights reserved.